Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Half Century Plus One



Took the day off to enjoy the sun and just do nothing - one needs to do that on the occasion of a half century plus one - alas, first day off in a while and no sun (but when I work it is out and it has been beautiful - what is up with that?) . . . the daughter came over for a while with the grand and the wee one she nannys for. I took them both for a bike ride - between the trailer and two kids, an extra 65 pounds! Only made it 6 miles . . . the kids did like the swings at the park and of course, the sand underneath. The grand had his first experience with a playground slide - you could tell he liked it and the crawling tubes were a hit with both boys. They have left to take naps. I think I need one . . .

Went and shot some macro flowers - forgot how much I like macro shooting and have not had a chance to use our new 105mm macro but once or twice since we got it. We will see how the shots turn out of the new spring weed flowers . . . have been learning PS3 in greater detail via an excellent on-line class - finally got all the lessons caught up today and will certainly utilize all the new things I have learned - have used PS for editing for at least 4 years and never knew what all it could do - thus, the class.

Finally getting the Ike destroyed fence replaced and the sawing and nail gun have been a companion today. The roof will come later . . . much later . . .

Sam and I had the half century plus one dinner on Sunday with a friend and fellow photog - today is almost over and there is ever so much I still want to do - like read that novel I started two weeks ago - but time does not stand still - wonder what the next year holds?

No comments: